YUZHNO-SAKHALINSK, September 25 (RIA Novosti)
- Oil, gas production in Russia's Sakhalin region to rise - local official
- Sakhalin-II Project to Reach Full Cost Recovery in Q1
- Russia's Sakhalin to increase oil, gas output by 2020
- Sakhalin Energy posts first half net profit of 38 bln rbls - Gazprom
- Japanese companies may join Sakhalin-III project
Over 400 participants of the 16th international conference Oil and Gas of Sakhalin 2012 in the Russian Far East will discuss on September 25-27 prospects for the development of regional oil and gas projects, the Natural Resources Ministry reported.
The conference opened on Monday. The first nine similar conferences were held in London and were popular among Western businesspeople. The forum has been held in the Russian Far Eastern island of Sakhalin since 2006.
The Sakhalin Region is Russia’s fourth largest in terms of oil and gas reserves. Over 15 million metric tons of oil and 25 million cubic meters of gas are produced in the region annually.
International projects being implemented on the regional shelf include Sakhalin 1 and Sakhalin 2.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is one of the most important foreign policy initiatives taken by Russia along with five other countries. Both Russia and China want to reduce the threat of separatism and western influence in the region. Emergence of SCO provoked new international order.