YALTA, September 28 (RIA Novosti)
- Ukraine Ratifies Free Trade Agreement with CIS
- Russia, Kazakhstan may cancel oil export duties within CIS free trade zone
- Most CIS states sign free trade zone agreement
- CIS free trade deal may come into force early next year
- CIS leaders sign free trade deal
Uzbekistan will join a CIS free trade zone by the end of this year, CIS steering committee head Sergei Lebedev said on Friday at a CIS heads of government meeting in the Crimean city of Yalta.
"The decision has been made that Uzbekistan will become the ninth participant in the free trade zone by the end of the year," Lebedev said, summing up the first stage of the congress.
The CIS free trade zone agreement was signed on October 18, 2011 by eight nations including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan and Ukraine. Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan said they wished to discuss some issues further before joining.
Moldova ratified the agreement on Thursday. Five other nations (Armenia, Belarus, Russia and Ukraine) have already ratified the deal.
The agreement is designed to guarantee conditions for free trade in the CIS space and create favorable conditions for further economic integration on the basis of WTO norms. It replaces previously existing bilateral and multilateral agreements on free trade between the member states.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardesThe Russian economy now showing results.21:05, 30/09/2012The American economy is totally dependent on money printing and, in recession for the USA, so that such economy may involve much illegal operations by Western Banks and also by the stock markets of the West. The Russian Economy is prosperous and based in true commerce, true business ventures like the Russian oil exports. The Russian Federation therefore has one of the most powerful currency ventures of the globe, not based in money backed speculation when the United States has its economy based on US Dollar bills, money paper and not true business where the USA economy has no money reserve or economic guarantees. The Rouble is thriving and is an economically viable currency. Even the Chinese Space Program may partially originate in Russia. The Russian economy may be bigger than the figures released in relation to the USA and the eurozone when both are badly compared to the Russian Rouble. The Russians have their economy not following wild Capitalism and is not a truly effective market economy, despite the studied privatizations once proposed by Prime Minister Medvedev, although with restrain.
Image Galleries: Amidst Amish Past, Russia’s Lokomotiv Sees Hockey Future
Infographics: Powerful Ship-Borne Laser System
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The current contract portfolio of Russian arms exporters is worth about $46 billion. Annual exports total $15 billion, and this will ensure uninterrupted deliveries for the next three years, even in the worst-case scenario. The list of the main buyers of Russian weapons is unlikely to change drastically.