Topic: Russia-India partnership
- Russia Delivers Three Upgraded MiG-29 Fighter Jets to India
- India to Build Export T-50 Stealth Fighter by 2020
- India to Buy 71 More Russian Helicopters
- India set to buy 59 more Russian helicopters in $1 bln deal
NEW DELHI, December 24 (RIA Novosti) - Russia is to sell India dozens of combat helicopters and warplanes under two $2.9 billion contracts signed on Monday.
Under one contract, India will buy 71 Mi-17B-5 Hip helicopters worth $1.3 billion, while the other provides for the delivery of assembly kits for 42 Su-30MKI Flanker fighters, worth $1.6 billion.
The two countries also signed a number of cooperation agreements in the defense and technology sector, notably between Russian Helicopters and Elcom Systems Pvt Ltd.
A memorandum of understanding between Russia’s FarmEco and India’s Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd and a strategic partnership agreement between Russia’s OAO NIS and India’s TATA Consultancy Services were also signed.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- shanksinhaLong Term Game12:23, 25/12/2012These deals were in the pipeline for a long time now. Their conclusion is a satisfactory development. The 42 Su-30MKI are most probably the Super Sukhoi variants with the added ability to carry Brahmos ALCM. Still bigger deals are in the offing with the PAKFA/FGFA deal amounting to a record breaking USD 30 bln!
Image Galleries: Cuba’s new trademark: Multicolored vintage cabs
Infographics: Powerful Ship-Borne Laser System
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is one of the most important foreign policy initiatives taken by Russia along with five other countries. Both Russia and China want to reduce the threat of separatism and western influence in the region. Emergence of SCO provoked new international order.