PENZA, March 22 (RIA Novosti) – A resident of Russia’s Urals region who claimed to have eaten the hearts of two of the nine people he is accused of murdering will not be charged with cannibalism, a state prosecutor said on Friday.
The Penza Region Court is due to pass a verdict later today in the case of Alexander Bychkov, who called himself Rambo. He is accused of killing nine people, as well as stealing from a local store, prosecutor Nadezhda Akulova said.
According to the prosecution, Bychkov murdered alcoholics and homeless people between 2009 and 2011 because he disapproved of their lifestyle.
The defendant confessed to dismembering their bodies to hinder identification and investigation.
However, Akulova said he has not been charged with desecrating corpses.
“He’s an unusual man, he had peculiar motives, but his aim was not to desecrate corpses,” she said, adding that they only had the defendant’s word for it and no evidence confirming that Bychkov had in fact eaten the hearts of two of his alleged victims.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Liliger Cub at the Novosibirsk Zoo and Other Animal News
Infographics: Global Warming: Predicting Future Disasters
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The growing outright rivalry between the United States and China gives Russia more foreign policy weight, enabling it to assume the role of a balancer. So far it has been doing so rather skillfully. Today it may participate in a joint naval exercise with China that Beijing positions as outwardly anti-American. But tomorrow it can team up with the naval forces of the Old World.