MOSCOW, June 9 (RIA Novosti)
- S-400 Missiles Deployed in Russia’s Baltic Fleet
- Russia Seals S-400 Missile Supply Deal
- Russia to Deploy Three S-400 Battalions in 2012
- S-400 Missiles Deployed in W. Russia
Russia’s Eastern Military District took delivery of a “regimental” set of S-400 Triumph air defense missile systems, the Defense Ministry said on Saturday.
Russia currently has four S-400 regiments - two in the Moscow region, one in the Baltic Fleet and one in the Eastern Military District.
By 2020, Russia is to have 28 S-400 regiments, each comprised of two battalions, mainly in maritime and border areas.
The S-400 Triumph long- to medium-range surface-to-air missile system can effectively engage any aerial target, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and cruise and ballistic missiles at up to 400 kilometers and an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.
The Russian Defense Ministry has said there are no plans so far to export the S-400, which will be produced only for the Russian Armed Forces.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardsWeak Money Versus Euro in Europe22:38, 09/06/2012The problem of the Eurozone can be summarized as the inability of certain weak economies in Europe to be dealing with a very strong Euro currency when these economies once had fragile currencies that they were accustomed to deal with. The countries of the Eurozone may have to adapt to the adoption of an otherwise very strong currency, the Euro, when they once had no strong currency that they were habituated with. The ECB, European Central Bank, is disciplining those bad economies, so that by next year - 2013, the Eurozone will all be strong and comfortably integrated and working fine. The situation is not so dire after all. The Eurozone is just undergoing a special difficulty, but Europe will rise OK.
- Beryev(no title)00:28, 10/06/2012...ok...
What does that have to do with S-400 missiles?
- SirkoGermany is the Problem09:45, 10/06/2012The Eurozone exists for Germany with the rest of the countries picking up the scraps in particular the poor economies. If Greece did not give up ist Drakma they would not be in this mess.
Post WW II the Americans poured billion and trillions into German as a bullwark against the Red Herring. They did not pour one cent into Greece or Spain or Portugal etc. Hence,the problem with the Eurozone is Germany and its banks exploited the weaker economies for years. Whom do you think they were selling their products to and from whom do you think their banks were manking money???
Image Galleries: North Pole: Living on the Top of the World
Infographics: Powerful Ship-Borne Laser System
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The current contract portfolio of Russian arms exporters is worth about $46 billion. Annual exports total $15 billion, and this will ensure uninterrupted deliveries for the next three years, even in the worst-case scenario. The list of the main buyers of Russian weapons is unlikely to change drastically.