Topic: Russian arms exports
PRETORIA, September 22 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia, S. Africa in Talks on Joint Weapons Development
- Uganda in Talks for More Su-30 Fighter Jets
- Russia to Sell Off 18 'Indian' Su-30 Fighters
- New Su-30SM Fighter Makes Maiden Flight
Russia is ready to sell Su-30s and other modern fighter jets to African countries, state-controlled arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Saturday.
Delivery contracts with countries such as Uganda, Angola, Ethiopia and others should include personnel training programs and after-sales servicing, Rosoboronexport’s deputy chief Alexander Mikheyev said.
This year Russia has delivered six Su-30MK2 multirole fighters to Uganda and is currently in talks to diversify cooperation, he added.
Mikheyev said on Friday Uganda expressed interest in buying another six aircraft of that type.
Rosoboronexport has also signed a contract to sell six Mi-17 helicopters to Ghana, he said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PlutardesThe World is still unequal in welfare. Good for USA23:07, 22/09/2012During the 20th Century, the world order was fully polarized; there were those who belonged to Capitalism and those backing Communism. There were social, political and financial institutions that were applied and offered by the Capitalist Bloc or else the Communist bloc. Now, after the End of the Cold War, there are the economic blocs throughout the globe and even BRICS, standing for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, although countries like the USA still have some economic space to deal freely because there are still underdeveloped countries in the globe; there is also this developing momentum of the World, post-Cold War. Europe is in a recession for the debt crisis of 2008 between a centralized policy and a decentralized Federation in Europe, and more freedom for the rest of the world resulting, so that now we have International Law even involving Africa, although there are still underdevelopment ventures even in America and Europe; in the next 10 years the globe will be more equal and with less disparities for BRICS, at least. It is just a matter of time.
- arsanlupinWow ...06:45, 24/09/2012I don't know what's more astonishing: 1' The pitiful attempt at describing some elements of the global economy.
2. The complete lack of good grammar - let alone any logic or reason in the statement.
3. The total disconnect between the topic of the article and the topic of the so-called post.
Are you even reading the articles you are posting your incoherent rantings against?
Just asking ...
Image Galleries: Monkeys from Borneo and Other Animal News
Infographics: The Origin of Geomagnetic Storms
Cartoons: Dreams of Space
The failure of the Islamist political parties who came to power in the dramatic events of the Arab Spring would allow the military to reenter the political arena. Political Islam was successful in the opposition, but it could fail in power, as the negative experience of Egypt and Iraq have shown.