MOSCOW, October 6 (RIA Novosti)
- Obama Warns Iran over Nuclear Ambitions
- UN Nuclear Watchdog to Hold More Talks with Iran
- Iran on Verge of Nuclear Weapons – Israeli PM
- Iran's Bushehr Nuclear Plant at 'Full Capacity'
Israel should join the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in order for a nuclear-free Middle East to take shape, Iran's Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh said.
“The Zionist regime’s joining the NPT is Iran's condition to attend the Middle East Nuclear Weapon Free Zone conference,” Soltanieh said, adding that Iran believes the region should be cleared of any nuclear weapons.
The Iranian envoy called on world countries to exert pressure on Israel to sign the treaty.
Israel, believed to have between 200 and 400 nuclear warheads, has ignored international calls to join the treaty.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- arsanlupinHmmmm ...06:30, 10/10/2012While I disagree with such a "condition" to even attend such a conference, the concept in general has merit: Israel should sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
On the other hand, the acknowledged nuclear arms of both India and Pakistan make the nuclear weapon issue in the Middle East a lot more complicated, no?
As almost everyone here seems to forget (or ignore) “There’s no such thing as black and white – only shades of grey … “
Why is that?
- moistBecause you and your tribal pals in ME09:43, 10/10/2012...wont get a free card to exterminate and genocide non-jews of arabic origin indefinitly, you know.
Sooner rather than later "israel" will be forced to negotiate on equal terms and when that happens, and your license to kill is withdrawn, "israel" as such (a racist supremacist world pariah) will cease to exist: Welcome to Palestine! A country for every citizen regardless race ethnicity or religion...
Image Galleries: The Main Attractions of the Paris Air Show
Infographics: Group of Eight: Countries and Permanent Members
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
News that Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin would resign in order to run for the mayoral election in September came as quite a shock. Sobyanin’s political potential is fairly dubious, not to mention his approval ratings. He has not finished many of the projects he initiated and the electoral effect from these projects is expected to come a bit later than September 2013. Sobyanin’s opponents were not entirely unprepared for this blitzkrieg.