- Medvedev demands prosecution of officials responsible for security at Domodedovo
- Control system at Domodedovo Airport inadequate - Russian investigators (Update 1)
- Domodedovo officials should be held accountable over security breaches - Medvedev
- Over 100 hospitalized after Moscow airport terrorist attack
- Two terrorists involved in Domodedovo blast, both killed - source (Update 1)
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev blamed security violations for the deadly blast at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport that killed at least 35 and injured up to 180.
"Information from the crime scene indicates that there was just chaos; people could enter [the airport] from anywhere. Control was limited and was practically not directed at those who were meeting passengers," Medvedev said.
MOSCOW, January 25 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Classic Car Rally in St. Petersburg
Infographics: Global Warming: Predicting Future Disasters
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The growing outright rivalry between the United States and China gives Russia more foreign policy weight, enabling it to assume the role of a balancer. So far it has been doing so rather skillfully. Today it may participate in a joint naval exercise with China that Beijing positions as outwardly anti-American. But tomorrow it can team up with the naval forces of the Old World.