MOSCOW, June 20 (RIA Novosti)
- Over 1,500 Internet users friend Chechnya's Kadyrov in 3 days
- Medvedev has 1Mln Twitter Followers
- Medvedev ready to hold master class on Twitter in South Ossetia
- Medvedev says will use ideas received on Twitter
Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov has opened an official Twitter account, the North Caucasus Republic’s government said on Wednesday.
“The account is @RKadyrov. Ramzan Kadyrov has nothing to do with other accounts in social networks attributed to the head of the Chechen Republic,” the government said.
The account, which currently has only two tweets, has collected more than 2,000 followers in just a few hours.
Kadyrov already has a blog on Livejournal, launched in 2010. However, he has not posted any new entries since July 2011.
The Chechen leader opened the Twitter account following a meeting with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who has several accounts on popular social networks.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PETEPETEPETEI like this guy...21:28, 20/06/2012Some try to portray them as some kind of "warlord" and "bandit" and "islamo-fascist" etc but if you listen/read his words you see a very clever, cultured and reasonable guy who is not afraid to tell some truths. His interview on "Russia Today" where he flat-out accuses Saakashvili of being a zombie trained by the CIA and advises John McCain to retire is epic.
Image Galleries: The Russian Cities With the Best Quality of Life
Infographics: Powerful Ship-Borne Laser System
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The current contract portfolio of Russian arms exporters is worth about $46 billion. Annual exports total $15 billion, and this will ensure uninterrupted deliveries for the next three years, even in the worst-case scenario. The list of the main buyers of Russian weapons is unlikely to change drastically.