- 17:23 27/10/2011 MOSCOW, October 27 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:25 26/10/2011 MOSCOW, October 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:18 25/10/2011 MOSCOW, October 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:03 24/10/2011 BRUSSELS, October 24 (RIA Novosti)
- 05:34 22/10/2011 UNITED NATIONS, October 22 (RIA Novosti)
- 00:27 22/10/2011 BRUSSELS, October 22 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:23 17/10/2011 MOSCOW, October 17 (RIA Novosti)
- 21:54 06/10/2011 MOSCOW, October 6 (RIA Novosti)
Fugitive Libyan leader Muammar urged Libyans on Thursday to protest “in millions” against the country’s new authorities and NATO’s military intervention, international media reported, quoting Gaddafi’s audio message broadcast on Syrian television.
- 13:03 06/10/2011 MOSCOW, October 6 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:25 05/10/2011 PARIS, October 5 (RIA Novosti)
France together with Libya’s Transitional National Council (TNC) and other allies are working to prevent the spread of weapons from Libya to other countries in the region, a spokesman for the French Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
- 19:38 03/10/2011 BRUSSELS, October 3 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:06 29/09/2011 PARIS, September 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:55 27/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 27 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:00 27/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 27 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:57 26/09/2011 NEW YORK, September 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:47 26/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 23:24 20/09/2011 WASHINGTON, September 20 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:01 20/09/2011 CAIRO, September 20 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:28 19/09/2011 PARIS, September 19 (RIA Novosti)
- 05:49 17/09/2011 UN, September 17 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:31 16/09/2011 Yelena Suponina for RIA Novosti
French President Nicolas Sarkozy and British Prime Minister David Cameron flew to Tripoli on Thursday, where they were greeted by cheering crowds as they agreed to carry on military operations for as long as is necessary to protect Libyans.
- 18:02 15/09/2011 PARIS, September 15 (RIA Novosti)
The United Kingdom and France agreed to continue NATO's military operation in Libya under a request from the country's National Transition Council, the council's chairman and head of international affairs Mahmoud Jibril said.
- 20:30 13/09/2011 BRUSSELS, September 13 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:53 12/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 12 (RIA Novosti)
- 12:12 11/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 11 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:02 09/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 9 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:17 08/09/2011 BENGHAZI, September 8 (RIA Novosti)
- 13:47 07/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 7 (RIA Novosti)
China has reiterated it has tight control over arms exports after disclosures that Chinese state companies offered to sell weapons to deposed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in violation of UN sanctions.
- 18:02 05/09/2011 BRUSSELS, September 5 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:54 05/09/2011 BEIJING, September 5 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:12 04/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 4 (RIA Novosti)
- 23:52 03/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 3 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:43 02/09/2011 CAIRO, September 2 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:23 02/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 2 (RIA Novosti)
- 11:57 02/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 2 (RIA Novosti)
- 23:45 01/09/2011 PARIS, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
Participants of a conference on the reconstruction of Libya approved on Thursday the continuation of NATO air operations until the threat posed by Muammar Gaddafi is extinguished, French President Nicholas Sarkozy said.
- 20:05 01/09/2011 RIA Novosti political commentator Dmitry Kosyrev
News from the frontlines in Libya is gradually giving way to news about who is releasing frozen Libyan assets, who will get them, and how they will be used. Britain will unfreeze one billion pounds and the UN, $1.5 billion.
- 12:10 01/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
- 11:33 01/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
- 11:27 01/09/2011 MOSCOW, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
Moscow will insist that future UN resolutions on peacekeeping and peacekeeping operations in any country will have no ambiguity regarding the use of force, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Thursday.
- 16:49 31/08/2011 RIA Novosti political commentator Andrei Fedyashin
The Libyan rebels on Tuesday presented an ultimatum to Sirte, the home city of Muammar Gaddafi which is bound to fall in a matter of days. The "hunt for Gaddafi" may be over by tomorrow. He may be dead, but if he is still alive and has not yet fled the country, he will be found and tried.
- 14:10 31/08/2011 BEIJING, August 31 (RIA Novosti)
China and Russia will send its envoys to the international conference of "friends of Libya," which will take place in Paris on September 1, the Chinese Foreign Ministry and Russian presidential envoy to Africa said on Wednesday.
- 23:34 30/08/2011 TRIPOLI, August 30 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:23 30/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 30 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:37 30/08/2011 BRUSSELS, August 30 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:30 29/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:47 29/08/2011 RIA Novosti political commentator Dmitry Babich
Among the key issues that will emerge once the war in Libya inevitably ends will be the political future of the Western backers of the intervention in Libya, primarily, the French President Nicholas Sarkozy and his advisors.
- 13:32 29/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 13:31 29/08/2011 CAIRO, August 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 23:10 28/08/2011 TRIPOLI, August 28 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:56 28/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 28 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:03 27/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 27 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:15 27/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 27 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:12 26/08/2011 PARIS, August 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:48 26/08/2011 PARIS, August 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 03:00 26/08/2011 UNITED NATIONS, August 26 (RIA Novosti)
The United States will unfreeze $1.5 billion in Libyan assets to provide humanitarian aid to cash-strapped opposition forces fighting to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi's regime, a source at UN headquarters said.
- 17:16 25/08/2011 PARIS, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
France and its partners at the UN Security Council are working to draft a resolution to unfreeze Libyan assets blocked by UN sanctions, French Foreign Ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said on Thursday.
- 17:15 25/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
The Russian Foreign Ministry denied on Thursday that it has received an invitation from France to take part in an international conference of "friends of Libya," which will take place in Paris on September 1.
- 14:52 25/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
The League of Arab States recognized Libya's Transitional Council on Thursday and is ready to grant it membership of the organization, regional media quoted Arab League Secretary General Nabil Al-Araby as saying.
- 13:56 25/08/2011 KHARTOUM, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 12:55 25/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 05:17 25/08/2011 ROME, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 03:27 25/08/2011 ROME, August 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:07 24/08/2011 RIA Novosti political commentator Dmitry Kosyrev
Lies and deception have always been a weapon in military conflicts. The strange story of Libyan rebels' unsuccessful attempt to take the capital, Tripoli, by storm offers a striking example of deliberate misrepresentations in war.
- 20:57 24/08/2011 WASHINGTON, August 24 (RIA Novsoti)
- 19:09 24/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 24 (RIA Novosti)
Libyan rebels on Wednesday offered amnesty, as well as a $1.3-million reward for anyone who captures or kills Muammar Gaddafi, the Transitional National Council head said, according to international media reports.
- 16:38 24/08/2011 CAIRO, August 24 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:13 24/08/2011 CAIRO, August 24 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:10 24/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 24 (RIA Novosti)
Libya's National Transitional Council (NTC) will honor all business contracts signed with foreign companies during the reign of Muammar Gaddafi, the BBC reported on Wednesday, citing the TNC's London-based spokesperson.
- 22:06 21/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 21 (RIA Novosti)
Fresh clashes between the rebel troops and security forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi erupted on Sunday on the outskirts of Tripoli, killing 376 people and injuring more than a thousand, CNN reported citing the Libyan government.
- 20:57 21/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 21 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:46 21/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 21 (RIA Novosti)
A presenter on state-run Libyan TV channel al-Libiyah has appeared on screen with a gun saying she is ready to become a martyr and to defend her channel against rebel forces, Al Jazeera TV channel reported on Sunday.
- 13:56 14/08/2011 BRUSSELS, August 14 (RIA Novosti)
NATO planes involved in operation Unified Protector in Libya have made 110 sorties over the last twenty-four hours, destroying two tanks, one anti-aircraft gun and several military vehicles of Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi, the NATO press office said on Sunday.
- 09:57 12/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 12 (RIA Novosti)
- 03:26 12/08/2011 UNITED NATIONS, August 12 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:05 06/08/2011 BUENOS-AIRES, August 6 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:15 05/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 5 (RIA Novosti)
- 12:36 05/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 5 (RIA Novosti)
Libyan rebels said on Friday that Muammar Gaddafi's son Khamis was killed during an overnight NATO airstrike on a military command center in the western Libyan town of Zliten, the Al Arabiya website reported.
- 04:44 05/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 5 (RIA Novosti)
- 12:47 04/08/2011 MOSCOW, August 4 (RIA Novosti)
The Libyan government is forging an alliance with radical Islamist elements among the Libyan rebels to drive out their more liberal-minded confederates, The New York Times quoted Muammar Gaddafi's son as saying.
- 17:10 30/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 30 (RIA Novosti)
- 07:33 27/07/2011 UNITED NATIONS, July 27 (RIA Novosti)
Opposing sides in the Libyan conflict are far from reaching a political compromise but they say ready to discuss the possible solutions with the United Nations, UN special envoy to Libya Abdul Al Khatib said.
- 10:06 26/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 05:47 26/07/2011 NEW YORK, July 26 (RIA Novosti)
UN's special envoy to Libya Abdel-Elah Al-Khatib met with members of the Libyan rebel government on Monday in search of a political solution to the five-months-long civil conflict in the African state.
- 11:59 25/07/2011 Yelena Suponina, Moscow News political commentator, for RIA Novosti
- 13:04 19/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 19 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:35 17/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 17 (RIA Novosti)
- 10:54 16/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 16 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:40 15/07/2011 ANKARA, July 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:07 15/07/2011
- 12:45 15/07/2011 BRUSSELS, July 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 07:55 15/07/2011 ANKARA, July 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 05:10 15/07/2011 WASHINGTON, July 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:29 14/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 14 (RIA Novosti)
- 02:54 14/07/2011 WASHINGTON, July 14 (RIA Novosti)
Embattled Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's days in power are "numbered," U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said after talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Washington on Wednesday.
- 21:48 13/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 13 (RIA Novosti)
- 10:12 12/07/2011 WASHINGTON, July 12 (RIA Novosti)
The United States will support Russia's crisis mediation efforts in Libya provided embattled Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi steps down, President Barack Obama told his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev on Monday.
- 01:48 09/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 9 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:36 06/07/2011 MOSCOW, July 6 (RIA Novosti)
- severnayazemlyaCIA "covert ops" in Libya paid with "black hole" money17:16, 31/03/2011The CIA "covert ops" in Libya is paid for by CIA "black hole" money. For fiscal year 2010, the total amount of appropriations to U.S. intelligence agencies, including CIA and military intelligence agencies, was $80 billion USD.
International sanctions against Gaddafi regime
The UN Security Council on Thursday voted in favor of a no-fly zone and air strikes against Gaddafi's forces. NATO is getting ready for a broad international effort to stop violence in Libya