KUALA LUMPUR, April 17 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Close to Sign Su-35 Fighter Deal With China
- Russia’s 3rd Su-35S fighter starts test flights
- Russia’s military aircraft industry stays aloft
- Russia ready to sell Su-35 fighter jets to China
Negotiations on the sale of Russian advanced Su-35 Flanker-E fighters to China have been put on hold over Beijing’s refusal to buy a large consignment, Russian state-controlled arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Tuesday.
“We have been promoting the Su-35 fighter on the Chinese market,” Rosoboronexport deputy chief Viktor Komardin said.
“However, China only wants to buy a limited number [of aircraft] whereas we want [to sell] a large consignment to make [the deal] economically viable.”
He offered no indication of the numbers involved
The negotiations have been ongoing for more than one and a half years.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- lmDon't cut your nose to spoil your face Russia.16:37, 17/04/2012China is smart they want to buy a limited number so if they need more they can copy and build it for themselves, Russia should not sell China this plane because one day the same China will be selling arms on the world stage at knock down prices. China will never bully the EU, USA in such way but they know Russia needs their market so they are trying to squeeze Russia dry.
- a4(+)BILLION $ for two SU-3515:06, 18/04/2012"limited number" is 1 or 2 actually.
Russia should sell to China this plane but asking 4(+)BILLION $ for two SU-35 because that was the price of batch of 48 planes Russia has been offered to China (as main condition for sale). Those billions could be used for development of single engined PAKFA
- SirkoChinese Crap...!!!20:17, 18/04/2012The reason they only want a few is to copy them as they have done with countless Russian weapons. Make the cockroaches pay up for billions and trillions of free equipment they were given and stolen by copying during the Soviet period.
The Chinese are not to be trusted in any scenario. For example, during the Vietnamese war Russian sent a consignment of MIGs to Vietnam which of course had to travel by rail through China. The Cockroaches held on to the planes for over an year and when they were finally delivered to North Vietnam they had been gutted and the Russian technology replaced with cheap, useless Chinese crap. Are not inundated the world with their cheap, garbage, with the help of the western money grubbing capitalists investing trillions in China?...Cheap unskilled labour produces cheap products and keeps the rest of the world unemployed...
- PETEPETEPETEReverse engineering...08:00, 19/04/2012They want to buy a few to reverse engineer it. China is an kind of economic bully...
The growing outright rivalry between the United States and China gives Russia more foreign policy weight, enabling it to assume the role of a balancer. So far it has been doing so rather skillfully. Today it may participate in a joint naval exercise with China that Beijing positions as outwardly anti-American. But tomorrow it can team up with the naval forces of the Old World.