Topic: Russian space programs
MOSCOW, April 26 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Plans to Bind Satellite to Apophis Asteroid
- Russia, Europe may join forces to protect Earth from asteroids
- Scientists discover 50-km asteroid crater off Australian coast
- 'Dangerous' asteroid safely flies past Earth - astronomer
- Russians looking at stopping Apophis asteroid hit in 2036
- Roscosmos to consider project to save Earth from asteroid
Russia’s Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) has proposed a special federal program to neutralize space threats, Roscosmos deputy head Vyacheslav Davydov said on Thursday.
Threats at the planetary level related to asteroids, comets and space junk necessitates significant financial, intellectual and manufacturing resources to counter through international efforts, he said.
The program should be coordinated by the Russian Academy of Sciences, he added.
“Russia should participate in all the relevant [international] R&D projects on the subject,” Davydov said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: North Pole: Living on the Top of the World
Infographics: Powerful Ship-Borne Laser System
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The current contract portfolio of Russian arms exporters is worth about $46 billion. Annual exports total $15 billion, and this will ensure uninterrupted deliveries for the next three years, even in the worst-case scenario. The list of the main buyers of Russian weapons is unlikely to change drastically.