Topic: Protests in Syria
BEIRUT, July 22 (RIA Novosti)
- Syria Denies Assad Ready to Stand Down
- Russia Slams West Over Syria Allegations
- Syrian TV Shows Assad after Deadly Attack
- Syrian Opposition Chief Pushes Revision of UN Rules
- Tension Simmers in the Syrian Capital
Syrian state news agency SANA said on Sunday that unspecified Western intelligence agencies plan to hijack local satellite television channels to broadcast misinformation.
False reports are to include news of defections, rebels capturing cities across the country and even coups d’état, SANA said, citing a source at the Syrian Information Ministry.
The news are supposed to be broadcasted by Syrian journalists working outside the country who will be pressured into delivering false reports, the agency said.
“Arab parties” are expected be aiding Western spies in their information attacks, the agency added, without elaborating.
Pro-government media in Syria have come under pressure since the outbreak of civil strife in the country in March 2011. Websites for SANA and Al-Watan newspaper sustained hacker attacks, and the EU blacklisted Al-Watan and the television channel Ad-Dunya.
More than 16,000 people were killed in infighting between forces of President Bashar al-Assad and insurgents since the start of the conflict, according to UN’s estimates.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- SirkoWhat else is new....23:18, 22/07/2012...with the fascist American Zionists and their WART NATO???
- living069so much hypocricy04:38, 23/07/2012The west only wants one thing, world domination at other peoples expense/lives, they are destroying all that is good, Russia and China are the final victims, if Russia won't step in and help Syria via a false flag then why would i want to help Russia fight in the next world war?
- moistRussian back-up13:51, 23/07/2012Russia could lend a secure satellite connection as a back up measure should western fascist regimes and their local clients try this kind of psychological warfare. Russian military should know the drill in shock & awe™ by now, wiping out the victims media structure as in Belgrade, Iraq and so on. Since Syrians are 85% pro-government as recent elections show, it´s all about dirty Hollywood tricks, NATO death squads, mercenaries and fear.
- lmKremlin's cold feet..21:49, 23/07/2012Since we all have been discussing the Syrian crisis we all have one conclusion Russia talks too much.
Now Moist has a very good point what Russian is doing to help in terms of logistic, reconnaissance, military advisers, special reconnaissance teams and many other covert oppreations.
Russia needs to get more involve military with more assistance to the government why cannot the Russian military fly their drones in support?
I believe Russia is playing Assad to the end all the while doing deals behind the scenes hoping to cut a deal that IF Assad falls Russia gets to keep its base but that is wishful thinking.
The West knows only too well Russia can only talk and use its Veto outside of that it is useless in helping Syria far less protecting it interest.
So they will hijack the satellite and all Russia will say it goes against international law whiles the West beats their chest in victory over Russia once again.
I don’t know if you all will agree with me, But in my humble view and I am sure I am not alone Russia is useless when it comes to protecting its interest?
Image Galleries: One Day With Moscow’s Contemporary “Knights”
Infographics: Yakhont Medium-Range Anti-Ship Missile
Cartoons: Dreams of Space
The current contract portfolio of Russian arms exporters is worth about $46 billion. Annual exports total $15 billion, and this will ensure uninterrupted deliveries for the next three years, even in the worst-case scenario. The list of the main buyers of Russian weapons is unlikely to change drastically.