- The Holocaust is About Today and Tomorrow
- Russia commemorates Holocaust victims
- Russian Christians, Jews urge country to establish Holocaust Memorial Day
- Medvedev says horrors of Holocaust should never be forgotten
MOSCOW, February 8 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian opposition deputy, Ilya Ponomaryov from the A Just Russia party, has proposed establishing a new memorable date, Holocaust Remembrance Day, on January 27.
In line with a relevant bill submitted to the State Duma, the lower house of Russia’s parliament, on Thursday, the date is to be marked in the country from 2014.
January 27 is International Holocaust Remembrance Day for the victims of the Holocaust, which resulted in the killings of 6 million of Jews and millions of others by Nazis.
January 27 is the commemoration day designated by the United Nations General Assembly. On that day in 1945, the Auschwitz death camp was liberated by Soviet troops.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ChristianWhat about the Original Nationals11:00, 08/02/2013What about the other 50 Million People who died accross Europe and Russia, don't you think you should remember them as well. I mean 50 million people is figure that justifies respect and memorisation as well. What is the idea behind focussing on one minor group and ignoring the original nationals
Image Galleries: Cuba’s New Trademark: Multicolored Vintage Cabs
Infographics: Global Warming: Predicting Future Disasters
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is one of the most important foreign policy initiatives taken by Russia along with five other countries. Both Russia and China want to reduce the threat of separatism and western influence in the region. Emergence of SCO provoked new international order.