- Tehran: Azeri Drones on ‘Spy Missions’ along Iran Border
- Iran Urges US to Confirm Drone Capture
- Iran Claims US Drone Capture
- Iran Responds to US Drone Attack Claim
- Iran Claims Drone Filmed Israeli Secret Sites
MOSCOW, February 24 (RIA Novosti) – Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards have brought down a foreign reconnaissance drone during a military exercise in southeast Iran, the official news agency IRNA reported.
“A foreign spy drone was hacked outside the field of Payambar-e Azam 8 wargames on Saturday,” spokesman for the military exercise, General Hamid Sarkheili was quoted by the agency as saying.
The agency gave no details of the origin of the drone.
Iran has claimed to have captured several US drones. In December 2011, Iran said it had captured a CIA spy drone that had entered its airspace. Iran claimed to have extracted top-secret data from the stealth-technology equipped RQ-170 Sentinel drone.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- Veselko3It was a mock drone . Press Tv info16:10, 24/02/2013Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has successfully taken control of the mock enemy's reconnaissance drone on the first day of the Payambar-e Azam 8 (The Great Prophet 8) military drills, which are being held in the southeastern province of Kerman.
Image Galleries: Traditional Hutsul Wedding in Western Ukraine
Infographics: Jeans: From Classic Designs to Extreme Incarnations
Cartoons: Polar Explorer Day
The growing outright rivalry between the United States and China gives Russia more foreign policy weight, enabling it to assume the role of a balancer. So far it has been doing so rather skillfully. Today it may participate in a joint naval exercise with China that Beijing positions as outwardly anti-American. But tomorrow it can team up with the naval forces of the Old World.