Topic: Hugo Chavez Dies From Cancer
- Chavez Helped Russia to Develop Latin American Ties - Lavrov
- Venezuela Bids Farewell to President Chavez
- Hugo Chavez’s Body to Be Embalmed - Venezuelan VP Maduro
- Putin Hails Chavez as ‘Strong’ Leader
CARACAS, March 10 (RIA Novosti) – Bolivian President Evo Morales said Saturday he was “almost certain” that “the empire” (the United States) had poisoned his political ally, late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, regional media reported.
President Chavez, who led Venezuela for 14 years, died Tuesday at the age of 58 after a two-year-long fight against cancer.
Nicolas Maduro, who had been vice president under Chavez and was sworn in as acting president Friday, earlier accused Venezuela’s enemies of causing cancer in Chavez, saying the issue would be investigated by a special commission.
According to a major Venezuelan newspaper, Morales, who traveled to Caracas to attend Chavez's state funeral Friday, said he had always been aware of Chavez's disease although he never revealed any details.
The newspaper, El Universal, reported that Morales recalled he had once offered Chavez some coffee, but the Venezuelan leader’s security guards objected.
“Brother Chavez said [to his body guards]: ‘How can you think that Evo will poison me?’ and then he had coffee,” the Bolivian leader said.
The swearing-in ceremony for Maduro was held hours after Chavez’s state funeral on Friday, which was attended by over 30 heads of state and government.
Venezuela will hold a presidential election to elect a successor to Chavez on April 14, the country’s electoral council said following an extraordinary meeting.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ruypenalvaAlmost certain02:56, 11/03/2013It's almost certain that CIA or its branch MOSSAD managed to inoculate some bacteriophage (a kind of engineered modified virus) into Chavez blood stream. Besides Chávez we have Lugo, Dilma, Lula, Cristina Kirchner with possibility of being exposed tho high level of radiation. Who knows? I love that conspiracy ideas prone to be transformed into a Hollywood film.
- arsanlupinMIERDA!19:05, 12/03/2013Yet another attempt to invent a conspiracy, in a vain attempt to offend a person or agency or country they didn’t like. How childish of them! I can only guess that both of them were partaking too freely of Morales’ former occupation. These buffoons were never more than a mild annoyance to the USA, and to Israel they are total non-entities. It’s obvious they are trying to invent another reason to fear the Yanqui bogeyman, in yet another fruitless attempt to gloss over their complete incompetence in running country.
I continue to find it amusing that the conspiracy theorists attribute such a mammoth amount of activity to such small agencies. To actually accomplish such herculean feats they would have to be as large as the former KGB. Anyone with multiple functioning brain cells knows their actual numbers – and actual actions – are far smaller.
The intelligence of a person is inversely proportional to the level at which they believe conspiracy theories. To go so far as to say that Israeli security would care about Hugo Chavez strongly implies the source’s magic mushroom ingestion.
- cheruskHugo said it14:21, 11/03/2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIu8gqEa490&feature=player_embedded
In light of the present situation in the Middle East, Russia and Israel find themselves facing common challenges. Under these newly emerging situations, Russia sees its partnership with Israel as a potential asset in resolving acute regional issues. From a Russian perspective, the compatibility of Israeli and Russian interests could contribute to such a partnership.