Topic: MAKS-2011 air show
ZHUKOVSKY (Moscow Region), August 16 (RIA Novosti, Howard Gethin)
- New stealth fighter jet 'principal' for Russia, India
- Russian military to get world's ten largest cargo planes
- Russian military 'to get 20 new planes' a year
- MiG-35 stalls in Indian fighter tender contract
The Russian military will use new MiG-35D multirole fighters as an equal to the U.S. F-35 fighters, the Air Force chief said on Tuesday.
"We have not given up on the MiG-35D light aircraft project, but we will transfer to the T-50 [heavy fighter] in the future," Gen. Alexander Zelin, the Russian Air Force commander, said during his visit to the six-day air show MAKS-2011 that opened near Moscow on Tuesday.
The U.S. Air Force began using the F-22 fifth generation fighter in the 2000s. America is now developing a lighter and less expensive version, the F-35.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- severnayazemlyaU.S. won't manufacture F-35 fighter18:13, 16/08/2011U.S. won't manufacture the F-35 fighter because the country is totally bankrupt. The F-22 Raptor fighter, at $412 million USD each, has never been used in combat anywhere because of the extreme complexity of it. It requires 3000 people to maintain one.
- daviddNo operational Russian stealth aircraft has ever been reported to have entered service.02:43, 17/08/2011While the Russians have some good specific system technologies, their ability to effectively integrate them often lags behind that of the West, and the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning Joint Strike Fighter takes integration of off-board intelligence to a step well beyond proven Russian capabilities.
Also, no operational Soviet or Russian stealth aircraft has ever been reported to have entered service.
Stealth is a major discriminator between a 5G fighter like the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning Joint Strike Fighter and "Gen 4 ++" competitors like the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-35 Fulcrum and the Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker that are essentially modernizations of their respective progenitors, the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 and the Sukhoi Su-27.
David V. Dafinoiu, NorAm Intelligence
Image Galleries: Monkeys from Borneo and Other Animal News
Infographics: The Origin of Geomagnetic Storms
Cartoons: Dreams of Space
The failure of the Islamist political parties who came to power in the dramatic events of the Arab Spring would allow the military to reenter the political arena. Political Islam was successful in the opposition, but it could fail in power, as the negative experience of Egypt and Iraq have shown.