Russia plans to boost annual defense spending in 2015, the head of the State Duma’s Defense Committee said© RIA Novosti. Vladimir Fedorenko
MOSCOW, October 17 (RIA Novosti)
- Putin Says Stability, Social Spend Budget Priorities
- Russia to Keep Arms Procurement Budget Intact
- Russia’s Budget Must Respond to Global Risks – Putin
- Putin Slams Government over 2013-15 Budget
Russia plans to boost annual defense spending by 59 percent to almost 3 trillion rubles ($97 billion) in 2015, up from $61 billion in 2012, the head of the State Duma’s Defense Committee told RIA Novosti on Wednesday.
“Targeted national defense spending as a percentage of GDP will amount to 3.2 percent in 2013, 3.4 percent in 2014 and 3.7 percent in 2015,” Defense Committee chairman Vladimir Komoedov is quoted as saying in the committee’s conclusion on the draft budget for 2013-2015.
The draft budget will come up for a first reading in the Duma on Friday.
The spending proposals provide financing to “re-equip units with new weapon systems, military and specialty equipment and provide housing and social safeguards for service members” among other issues, Komoedov said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- RizaAfghanLOL11:51, 17/10/2012Maybe spend some of those useless $ on poor Russian citizens and create jobs ?
Never thought of that ?
- gunshipdemocracyGood move !17:28, 17/10/2012if you do not feed your then you will feed thugh from NATO like in Libya.
The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is one of the most important foreign policy initiatives taken by Russia along with five other countries. Both Russia and China want to reduce the threat of separatism and western influence in the region. Emergence of SCO provoked new international order.