MOSCOW, April 9 (RIA Novosti) – At least 32 people were killed after a 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit the Bushehr province in southern Iran on Tuesday, the Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA) reported citing the governor of Bushehr.
- 16:11 09/04/2013
Iran plans to build a new 360-MW nuclear power plant in the south of the country, Naser Shariflou, a former manager of Iran’s Bushehr nuclear power plant, said on Tuesday, according to the IRNA news agency.
- 20:29 06/04/2013
The latest round of talks between six world powers and Iran on its nuclear program has been “definitely a step forward,” although it has ended with no clear breakthrough, Russia's top negotiator on Iran said on Saturday.
- 19:31 05/04/2013
- 07:44 05/04/2013
A new round of talks between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany (P5+1) opens in the Kazakhstan city of Almaty on Friday as the sides struggle to find a compromise on Tehran’s controversial nuclear program.
- 07:23 28/02/2013
- 14:51 27/02/2013
Talks between Iran and six world powers on the Islamic Republic’s disputed nuclear program ended in Almaty, Kazakhstan without agreement on Wednesday, but the two sides have pledged to hold further meetings in the coming weeks.
- 22:09 26/02/2013
- 14:48 26/02/2013
A new round of talks between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany opened in the Kazakhstan city of Almaty on Tuesday, with Tehran saying it will offer new proposals similar to an earlier Russian plan.
- 03:52 26/02/2013
The international community will offer Tehran some economic sanctions relief when Iran Six negotiators meet with Iranian officials on Tuesday in Kazakhstan for the latest round of high-level diplomatic talks on Iran’s controversial nuclear program.
- 19:26 23/02/2013
- 05:32 14/02/2013
- 23:51 12/02/2013
- 22:08 12/02/2013
- 14:16 03/02/2013
A new round of talks between Iran and a group of international mediators on Iran’s controversial nuclear program will be held in Kazakhstan on February 25, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said on Sunday.
- 15:38 31/01/2013
Russia and other UN Security Council members have again urged Iran to freeze its uranium enrichment program, after Tehran announced plans to install new centrifuges at its Natanz nuclear facility, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Thursday.
- 20:16 30/01/2013
The European External Action Service (EEAS) has invited Iran to hold a new round of talks on its controversial nuclear program in February, Chief Spokesman for the High Representative Catherine Ashton, Michael Mann, said on Wednesday.
- 18:30 28/01/2013
- 17:25 23/01/2013
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Wednesday warned against the idea of strikes against Iran’s nuclear facilities, as Israel's incumbent Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was reelected to his post for a third term with a promise he would do all he could to prevent Iran getting a nuclear bomb.
- 15:30 18/12/2012
- 04:05 14/12/2012
- 17:10 08/12/2012
- 22:22 30/11/2012
- 23:16 28/11/2012
- 19:22 27/11/2012
Tehran dismissed media reports about secret talks with Washington on Tuesday, saying that the alleged talks were an attempt by US politicians to encourage a bigger turnout in November presidential polls.
- 18:32 14/11/2012
- 07:07 09/11/2012
- 04:18 06/11/2012
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons and said he was ready to strike the Islamic Republic’s nuclear facilities if needed, Jerusalem Post said.
- 23:16 24/10/2012 MOSCOW, October 24 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:48 23/10/2012 MOSCOW, October 23 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:14 21/10/2012 WASHINGTON, October 21 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:28 15/10/2012 BRUSSELS, October 15 (RIA Novosti)
The EU has banned natural gas imports from Iran in a new set of sanctions designed to increase pressure on the Islamic Republic to cooperate in talks on Iran’s controversial nuclear program, EU foreign ministers said in a statement on Monday.
- 21:57 13/10/2012 MOSCOW, October 13 (RIA Novosti)
Iran does not rule out handing enrichment of uranium for its nuclear reactor in Tehran over to some other country if it gets firm guarantees of fuel supplies, a spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry said.
- 09:29 13/10/2012 MOSCOW, October 13 (RIA Novosti)
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that based on Islamic principles Iran has no aggressive intents but its armed forces are ready to protect the nation against “the aggressive illusions of the enemies,” Press TV reported.
- 16:23 10/10/2012 MOSCOW, October 10 (RIA Novosti)
- 21:28 01/10/2012 MOSCOW, October 1 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:27 28/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 28 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:28 28/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 28 (RIA Novosti)
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has urged the international community to draw a “clear red line” for taking action against Iran by next summer, to prevent the Islamic Republic from completing the second stage of nuclear enrichment required to produce a bomb, the United Nations reported.
- 22:01 26/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 26 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:04 25/09/2012 WASHINGTON, September 25 (RIA Novosti)
A nuclear-armed Iran would threaten Israel’s existence, the security of the Persian Gulf nations, and global economic stability, President Barack Obama said Tuesday in his speech to the UN General Assembly.
- 08:32 25/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:54 23/09/2012 TEHRAN, September 23 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:18 17/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 17 (RIA Novosti)
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will hold further talks with Iran to allay international concern over its disputed nuclear program, despite the lack of cooperation from Tehran so far, the UN watchdog's chief said on Monday.
- 20:01 16/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:57 16/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti)
If the United States attacks Iran’s nuclear facilities, Tehran may retaliate by launching missile strikes against U.S. military bases in the region or by shutting down the Strait of Hormuz, through which 20 percent of the world's petroleum passes, the top commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard warned at a news conference on Sunday.
- 20:23 11/09/2012 TEL-AVIV, September 11 (RIA Novosti)
The international community has no moral right to restrict Israel in its actions toward Iran until it sets “do not cross" lines for the Iranian nuclear program, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday.
- 15:51 10/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 10 (RIA Novosti)
- 20:01 07/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 7 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:45 04/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 4 (RIA Novosti)
- 07:50 01/09/2012 MOSCOW, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
Participants of the 16th Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran have unanimously adopted the summit’s final resolution, which supported Iran, the Press TV state-owned English-language news channel reported.
- 05:25 01/09/2012 UNITED NATIONS, September 1 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:19 31/08/2012 MOSCOW, August 31 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:31 13/08/2012 MOSCOW, August 13 (RIA Novosti)
- 13:28 09/08/2012 MOSCOW, August 9 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:13 08/08/2012 MOSCOW, August 8 (RIA Novosti)
Israeli airstrikes on Iranian nuclear facilities are possible but in case they are delivered they will have small impact on Iran and on the contrary will push Tehran into producing weapons of mass destruction, former Russian prime minister Yevgeny Primakov told Rossiiskaya Gazeta daily.
- 05:30 03/08/2012 BRUSSELS, August 3 (RIA Novosti)
European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and Iran’s top nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili have postponed setting a date for a fresh round of talks on Iran’s controversial nuclear program until the end of August.
- 13:06 02/08/2012 WASHINGTON, August 2 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:03 01/08/2012 MOSCOW, August 1 (RIA Novosti)
- 23:46 29/07/2012 TEL AVIV, July 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 18:51 29/07/2012 MOSCOW, July 29 (RIA Novosti)
Iran will file a complaint against the United States and Europe for imposing unilateral sanctions on the Islamic Republic without the UN Security Council’s approval, Press TV reported on Sunday quoting the Iranian official.
- 15:32 23/07/2012 MOSCOW, July 23 (RIA Novosti)
Iran will start enriching uranium to 56-percent level if Israel and Western world keep on pressurizing the Islamic Republic with sanctions, Kabir News reported on Monday citing Iranian religious leader Seyed Reza Taghavi.
- 18:01 19/07/2012 MOSCOW, July 19 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:37 15/07/2012 MOSCOW, July 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 23:22 12/07/2012 WASHINGTON July 12 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:25 29/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:11 21/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 21 (RIA Novosti)
The third round of talks on the Iranian nuclear problem that took place on June 18-19 in Moscow has not brought any significant results, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said on Thursday.
- 05:01 21/06/2012 UNITED NATIONS, June 21 (RIA Novosti)
- 22:46 19/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 19 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:36 19/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 19 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:50 18/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 18 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:07 18/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 18 (RIA Novosti)
- 17:14 14/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 14 (RIA Novosti)
Iran's intelligence ministry on Thursday announced the capture of a number of prime suspects in the killings of two of the country’s nuclear scientists, and claimed the detainees were linked to Israel, IRNA news agency reported.
- 20:34 13/06/2012 TEHRAN, June 13 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:18 07/06/2012 BEIJING, June 7 (RIA Novosti)
- 20:26 06/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 6 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:48 04/06/2012 MOSCOW (RIA Novosti)
The United Nations nuclear watchdog and Iran have scheduled a meeting for June 8 as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) seeks to secure access to investigate activities at Iran's Parchin military site, Radio Free Europe said on Monday.
- 13:43 04/06/2012 TEL-AVIV, June 4 (RIA Novosti)
The United States is set to tighten sanctions against Iran if the upcoming international negotiations in Moscow fail to make progress on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program, a senior U.S. official said on Monday.
- 17:10 03/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 3 (RIA Novosti)
Russian President Vladimir Putin will next week meet with his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prior to an international round of talks on Iran’s nuclear program in Moscow, a presidential aide said on Sunday.
- 23:07 30/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 30 (RIA Novosti)
- 13:35 29/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 29 (RIA Novosti)
- 16:02 27/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 27 (RIA Novosti)
Iran intends to build the second reactor at the Bushehr nuclear power plant with a capacity of 1,000 MW, according to a statement by Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization head Fereydoun Abbasi, Mehr news agency reported on Sunday.
- 13:27 25/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 25 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:02 24/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 24 (RIA Novosti)
Iran and the group of international negotiators (the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany) have started their third round of talks in Baghdad on Thursday afternoon, the Fars news agency reported.
- 13:53 23/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 23 (RIA Novosti)
Moscow expects Tehran to cooperate with the “Group of Six” global negotiators on the Iranian nuclear program and urges the U.S. White House against supporting new sanctions against the Islamic Republic, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday.
- 11:39 22/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 22 (RIA Novosti)
The U.S. Senate has unanimously approved a bill imposing a raft of new economic sanctions against Iran in a renewed bid to force it to halt its controversial nuclear program, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
- 13:04 15/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 06:13 15/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 15 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:23 14/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 14 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:20 14/05/2012 YUZHNO-URALSK, May 14 (RIA Novosti)
- 14:47 04/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 4 (RIA Novosti)
A nuclear-armed Iran, Pakistan and North Korea could potentially trigger regional chain reactions that ultimately threaten Russia's security, the former director of Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service, Vyacheslav Trubnikov, said.
- 19:12 03/05/2012 MOSCOW, May 3 (RIA Novosti)
- 11:21 28/04/2012 MOSCOW, April 28 (RIA Novosti)
U.S. authorities may allow Iran to enrich uranium in exchange for some concessions. The Obama administration is considering the possibility of allowing Tehran to enrich uranium up to a concentration of five percent if Iran agrees to let international inspectors carry out sustained and comprehensive control over their nuclear program, Los Angeles Times reported.
- 18:12 17/04/2012
- 13:39 17/04/2012 MOSCOW, April 17 (RIA Novosti)
- 13:30 14/04/2012 MOSCOW, April 14 (RIA Novosti)
- 19:53 10/04/2012 Biweekly column by Sam Barden
On April 15, Iran will meet with the 5+1 group of Nations, comprising the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany, in Istanbul to discuss Iran’s nuclear ambitions. Economic sanctions are the current weapon of choice against Iran for the U.S. and European Union, who believe Iran is building a nuclear weapon. The U.S. and EU are exerting an enormous amount of pressure on nations not to trade with Iran.
- 12:43 10/04/2012 ANKARA, April 10 (RIA Novosti)
- 15:29 06/04/2012 MOSCOW, April 6 (RIA Novosti)
A U.S.-backed plan to build a missile defense shield within the Gulf States may signal preparation for a military strike on Iran, Chairman of the State Duma International Affairs Committee Alexei Pushkov said on Friday.
- 23:50 05/04/2012 WASHINGTON, April 5 (RIA Novosti)
- 00:00 05/04/2012 RIA Novosti political commentator Dmitry Kosyrev
If someone wanted to back out of the April 13-14 meeting between Iran and the P5+1 group of international mediators to discuss Iran’s nuclear program, here is an excuse – Tehran has suddenly asked to move the venue from Istanbul to Baghdad.
- 16:11 09/04/2013
Iran's nuclear program
Iran has been under international pressure to halt uranium enrichment, needed both for electricity generation and weapons production. Tehran has repeatedly rejected the demand, insisting it is pursuing a purely civilian program. Several Western powers have called for harsher sanctions against Tehran if it does not agree to halt uranium enrichment.