Topic: Yulia Tymoshenko case
KIEV, May 4 (RIA Novosti)
- Putin Offers Tymoshenko Treatment in Russia
- Clinton Calls for Tymoshenko’s Release
- Pressure Group Urges 'Tymoshenko Beating' Probe
- Ukraine ex-PM Tymoshenko’s Life in Danger - Daughter
The Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office has refused to initiate criminal proceedings on jailed former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko’s assault and battery claim but said she may appeal the decision in court.
“I believe it is Tymoshenko’s right to appeal the Prosecutor’s Office decision in court,” Prosecutor General Viktor Pshonka said.
Last week, photos appeared showing Tymoshenko with bruises on her body, which she claims were inflicted by prison guards as they were forcibly transferring her to a hospital. Tymoshenko, who is suffering from severe back pain and has been diagnosed with a herniated spinal disc, is being held at a penal colony in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkov.
Ukrainian prosecutors have denied the allegations, saying the bruises were the result of Tymoshenko's "pushing against blunt objects."
Tymoshenko, a former prime minister and heroine of Ukraine's 2004 Orange Revolution, was jailed for seven years in October last year for abuse of office in what Western governments said was a politically motivated trial. She faces another trial on embezzlement charges.
She denies wrongdoing and says she is being persecuted by President Viktor Yanukovych.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry said that Tymoshenko has tentatively agreed to undergo treatment in a hospital in Kharkov, eastern Ukraine, under the condition that a German doctor monitors her condition.
Previously, she refused to accept treatment in the Kharkov hospital, citing German doctors’ recommendations. The course of treatment is expected to begin on May 8.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- Sirko(no title)21:19, 04/05/2012What a bunch of irrational and fictionalized nonsense! Does one suppose if she was assaulted that they would allow pictures to be taken in her cell. That simple fact condemns her and her patsies. It would appear that she and her pals are grasping at any opportunity to get her out, everything from medical treatment abroad, as if the Ukraine does not have doctors and hospitals, now a fictionalized assault and next the possibility of an alien abduction. However, the main question looms as to what is the connection between Angela 'Shmerkel' and the Kremlin. Why is Putin defending her?? Why is the Kremlin offering to alleviate Timoshenko's so-called distress when she and Yushenko stole the election in the Ukraine with the help of the U.S. NATO, the Polish traitors and of course MacDonalds offering free food to the fools dressed in orange and chanting "Yushenko! Yushenko!'
Jail him also....
Oooh...!!! What a terrible bruise!!! :-)
What did she do bump into a chair or a mosquito???
Image Galleries: The Royal Path of Russia’s Last Tsar
Infographics: The Origin of Geomagnetic Storms
Cartoons: Dreams of Space
The failure of the Islamist political parties who came to power in the dramatic events of the Arab Spring would allow the military to reenter the political arena. Political Islam was successful in the opposition, but it could fail in power, as the negative experience of Egypt and Iraq have shown.